Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Field Update on CVS Hawaiian Tropic Lip Balm Money Maker!

There's a Buy 2 Hawaiian Tropic products (excludes baby items), Get $10 in extra bucks at CVS this week (thanks Coupon Pro Blog and Hip2Save). I finally got a chance to test this deal out by buying TWO Hawaiian Tropic Lip Balms priced at $2.99 each. I paid $5.98+ tax and got back $10 in extra bucks making this a money making deal! I will be spending these extra bucks on the 1 gallon milk on sale this week for $2.99 (good deal-even Walmart has their's priced at $3.14).

Note: Technically, I paid less than this b/c I was able to use the 25% off coupon I received via email (check my previous post) and it gave me $1.13 off of my entire transaction. I don't know how this number was figured in the transaction since I had a few other items as part of my purchase, but all of those items were on sale this week. In any case, if you have this Q, I highly suggest using it w/this transaction to possibly get a sweeter MM!

Also, if you want to buy a non-lip balm item, you can use this $1/1 Mq (prints 2x).
Tips to Snag this Deal:
  • From my field research, look for larger stores that have a swimming and beach aisle. Chances are the store WILL carry the item. 
  • Check the end aisles under the Coppertone Display. You should find the Tropical and Vanilla Mint Lip Balms at the bottom of the display shelf.
  • Other products that are cheap and are issuing the extra bucks include the Shimmer Lotion (Priced $2.99) and the Sunscreen/Sunblock (Priced $6.99) which I found adjacent to the lip balm.
  • Can't find it in either aisles? I would also look under sunscreen, beauty (in new section or in some of the new section large glass bowls where they stored the shimmer lotion).
  • I've also seen lip glosses/balms near the medicine end aisles (strange...I know...)

No comments:

Post a Comment