Came back from a day of shopping and spending time with my family. Note that I live in a region w/higher prices than parts of the country. You may find even better deals (where applicable) for some of ones I listed below (e.g. at Target).
- Skittles/Starburst (2/$5, Part of the Gas Promotion) Deal: $2/1 Coupon Machine Q definitely works w/the 2/$5 or $2.50 each candy that is part of the gas promotion this week! This means = $2.50-$2= .50 cents each per bag! Deal is even sweeter if you have the Skittles/Starburst 14oz+ $1/1 MQ that is found here making it $2.50-$2-$1= Better than FREE!
- Additional .50 cents off Q for using your bag tag (recyclable bag w/CVS bag tag attached) printing from the coupon machine! Definitely scan your card this week b/c this is FREE $$$$ and you're helping the environment by using less plastic bags!
- BACK TO SCHOOL SECTION: Print the Back to School Target Coupons b/c I anticipate sales to begin for the back to school season. The seasonal section has not been setup at my local store. However, there are a few bargain finds (see below).
- Scotch Tape (Lowest Price Found: $1.79): The $1.79 Scotch tape is the same one that Staples has been putting on sale for the last two weeks. With the Target Coupon (.50 cents/1) and manufacturer Q ($1/1), the total price would be: $1.79-$.50-$1= .29 cents each!
- BIC Writing Utensils (Lowest Price Found: .99 cents each): .99 cents for a pack of 10 count BIC ballpoint pens. Since the Target Coupon is $1/2 BIC writing utensil items, it would make this = .99 x 2= $1.98-$1= .98 cents for two!
- Sharpie Permanent Marker Item (Lowest Price Found: $1.54): Cheapest item I found was a set of two Sharpie (black) permanent markers for $1.54. The Target Q is for $1/1 which means $1.54-$1= .54 cents for a pack of two!
- BATHROOM/KITCHEN AISLE: Here's where I bought two boxes of Cottonelle 42 count fresh wipes w/dispensing box (Priced: $2.01 at my store, some folks have informed me that their stores sell it for $1.97 each).
- Cottonelle Fresh Wipe Deal: Use the $1.25/2 Cottonelle Target Coupon AND either 1) the $1/2 Cottonelle 42 count/$1/1 84ct. refill MQ found here (1 print per month/resets) OR 2) the $1/1 MQ that you can print if you never requested a FREE box of Cottonelle fresh wipe w/dispensing box. Pay $2.01x2= $4.02-$1.25-$1= $1.77 for TWO w/ the $1/2 MQ OR $4.02-$1.25-$1-$1= .77 cents for TWO!
- GROCERY AISLE: Here's where I bought a box of Crystal Light Drink Mix and TWO bottles of Bull's Eye Original BBQ sauce.
- Crystal Light Drink Mix (Priced: $1.97-$2.49): I bought the Green Tea Raspberry Flavor raspberry (priced $1.97 for the Drinks to Go 10 Packets)- the only flavor at my store that was still at a price cut) and used my $1/1 MQ from RP 6/19/11 along w/ a $1/1 Crystal Light Box Target Q found in last week's paper (YMMV-you may or may not have received this coupon which was found along with the $1/1 General Mills Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal coupon in a Target grocery insert during one of the weekday newspapers last week). =Total: $1.97-$1-$1= FREE!
- Bull's Eye Original BBQ Sauce (Lowest Price Found: $1.37): There are two sizes for this item so make sure you get the 18oz one! Multiple flavors were priced at $1.37 for me. I bought TWO bottles and used TWO Bull's Eye $.50 cents/1 MQ from SS 6/12/11 x7/10/11 along w/the $1/2 Target Coupon. =Total: $1.37x2=$2.74-$.50-$.50-$1= .74 cents for TWO bottles!
I bought the Back to School Saving's Pass ($10) which would give me 15% off school supplies including: calculators, backpacks, ream paper (yes ream only and NOT case paper), binders, all writing, notebooks, and more! I asked the associate in the store who informed me that it basically includes everything except gift cards and technology. It even worked on the Staples (50 count) photo paper (priced: $14.99 w/$14.99 rebate = FREE) that is free after rebate this week! I asked if the card will work on all items including rebate offers and my store informed me yes. This means that you can get a slight discount & still get the full rebate for all those back to school offers until the pass expires on 9/17/11. The card cannot be replaced so DO NOT LOSE IT! Also, you can only use this savings pass once per day!
Note: You will need to spend $67 (pre-rebate amount) to break even on this savings pass. I'd definitely get it. This pass will be super awesome if Staples decides to do the "Get 100% Staples Reward" Backpack offer again this year! Last year, I did this offer and got back $24.99 in Staples Rewards and a cool messenger bag!
Valid 7/3/11–9/17/11 in Staples US stores only. Savings Pass is not valid on the purchase of technology, ink and toner, case paper, flash drives, furniture, food, cell phones and plans, services, postage stamps, gift cards or phone cards. Pass can be used on no more than one transaction per day, on in-stock items only and is non-transferable and non-refundable. Pass is not valid on Staples.com. Original Pass must be presented at the time of purchase and cannot be replaced if lost or stolen. Pass has no cash value. Each item purchased can only be discounted by one coupon or pass, applied by cashier in the order received and before rebates or taxes. Savings Pass discounts before-rebate price for ream and photo paper and not final price after rebate. Discount rounded to nearest penny. No resellers. Pass not valid on prior purchases or purchases made with Staples® Procurement or Convenience Cards..